As the most popular hiking trip of Great Wall around Beijing, it will show you both Simatai and Jinshanling sections of the wall within 3 hours. Due to the recent closure of Simatai East section, we cannot walk through all the way to Simtai East. We will reach the Wall by Kylin Tower at Simatai West, and then walk westward to Jinshanling. We will get off the wall at Shalingkou at Jinshanling, or you can walk another 30 minutes more if you feel energetic and then get off the wall at Zhuanduokou . The unrestored wall, the watch towers, the beacon towers snake on the mountain from east to west. You will have chance to meet local farmer friends, try local home-made food and learn local community development. It is the best place for keen photographers along the wall. Regarding fitness it is a medium-level hiking for all ages.
Meet you up at 8am and then drive to Simatai West. You will start the hiking around 10:30 am, and it will take about 3 hours to complete the hiking. A lunch at a local farmer’s restaurant will be organized after the hiking before returning your hotel.
This section offers arguably the finest hiking anywhere on the Great Wall. It is extremely photogenic, with over 15 watch-towers, and steep gradients that give constantly changing perspectives and wide, open views. There is fascinating variety in the watch-towers here. Some have two storeys, others three. Some have flat roofs, others rounded and others again are pitched with upturned eaves. This section of the wall is wild, ruined, preserved and original. On a clear day, it is difficult to fail to take good photographs here.
* USD 136 per person.
* Small group of maximum of 8 travelers.
* Children between 12 and 6 will receive 30% discount. Children under 5 are not allowed to take this tour.
1. air-con vehicle with experienced driver
2. entrance fees to Great Wall on the two sections
3. personal English-speaking hiking tour guide
4. unlimited bottled water; snacks on the Wall;
5. lunch in a local farmer’s restaurant
6. a certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
1. travel insurance
2. Cable car, chairlift, toboggan(slideway), flyingfox(zipline) or any other additional local facilities
3. personal expenses
4. tipping to hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately
We accept credit card payment via Paypal which is safe and fast. Deposit is required via Paypal at the time of booking. If you want to pay the outstanding balance upon arrival, then only cash payment (either USD or CNY) is accepted. Please note that Paypal may not work when you are already in China due to safety concerns.
Days before departure - Charge applicable
Not less than 7 days – Loss of deposit
Between 4 and 6 days – Loss of 50% of the total booking cost or loss of deposit; whichever is the greater
3 days or less – Loss of total booking cost